02 February, 2009

Fire of God


Fire of God
by Ryan Smith (worship leader Calvary Chapel Corvallis)

We who are called by Your name
Humble ourselves to seek Your face
Father we turn from wicked ways
Bring Your healing to this place

Fire of God burn
Let heaven spread to earth
Spirit of God move
The nations to exalt You

We who are called by Your name
Humble ourselves to seek Your face
Father we turn from wicked ways
Bring Your healing to this place

Let revival flow
Like a river through my soul
Let Your kingdom come
As we dream the dreams of God



We have started the fast, already God is bending our hearts to hear His as we humble ourselves to him, bowing down lower than we have in too much time. Saturday night prayer meeting was again powerful, God gave some visions of fire, some of water but both being symbols of the Holy Spirit we know that God wants to rock our dreams and transform them into His.

I still say, having Obama in power will be bad for our nation, but good for our church. Opposition to our faith makes us stronger, and snapped out of our blindness so that we may see the need to turn in our complacent hearts and pray for the president, that he would turn from His wicked ways as well.

The song I wrote down, it has been my lifeblood and the cry of our church body. Ryan Smith the worship leader at Calvary Chapel Corvallis just wrote it and it has been our anthem for the beginning of this fast. It is from 2 Chronicles 7, when the Lord appears to Solomon and hears his cry that the Temple he has just built will be God's resting place, where His power and Might will be (6:41). The Lord answers Solomon saying:


I have heard your prayer and have chosen this place for myself as a temple for sacrifices. When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague amongst my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my ears will be open and my eyes attentive to the prayers offered in this place.
2Chronicles 7:12-15

Power is spreading through our veins, God answers when we ask. Why have we not asked in so long? This outpouring is just the beginning. Our bodies are waking up, leaving the cocoons of our baby states and stepping into the threshold of the next step in maturity.

No comments: