14 November, 2008

NaNoWriMo: HALFWAY THERE!! 25,002 words :)


I made it to the middle, or to the halfway point in my novel writing. I am so excited!!!! It takes about 1.5 or 2 hours a day to get the required 2,000 words a day in. It really isn't as horrid as it sounds, it is fun and a creative outlet for me. I thought of quiting many times whenLink I was right around 13,000 or so because it all just felt really stupid. The novel felt stupid, I felt stupid for wasting my time and it was jut not coming out and blooming the way I wanted it to.

Understand that things are still really rough, and not even revised or anything...but at least I have written 25,002 words!!! I am proud of myself. I never thought I would make it even half way when I was in that funk. But then that night I decided to just keep writing, keep writing adding on words and it worked. So if you are in a funk with your NaNoWriMo, my humble advice is that you sit down at your desk (or grab your lappy toppy) and turn on your computer,then let the magic flow. Yeah, it won't be magical but it will be on it's way!!!

So, KEEPA-KEEPA and you will be finished sooner than you know it.

HAha, well see how I feel by the end of next week :)



No comments: