07 February, 2008

my faithful friends: my trusted books

This is what I came up with. It is constantly changing a tad, but most of these have been here for years. These are the ones that I read and re-read and love it each time. Let me know if you've read any of them and what you thought!!!!

*La Frontera de Cristal (The Crystal Frontier)-Carlos Fuentes
*Aura- Carlos Fuentes
*Uncle Tom's Cabin- Harriet Beecher Stowe
*One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich -Alexander Solzhenitsyn
* Nobel Lecture -Alexander Solzhenitsyn
*Franny and Zooey- JD Salinger
*Washington Square- Henry James
*A History of Love- Nicole Krauss
*A Tale of Two Cities- Charles Dickens

*Woman Warrior-Maxine Hong Kingston
*Lizard- Banana Yoshimoto
*Interpreter of Maladies- Juhmpa Lahiri
*Del Amor y Otros Demonios (Of Love and Other Demons)- Gabriel García Márquez
*The Hobbit
and Lord of the Rings Trilogy by JRR Tolkien


No comments: