10 March, 2008

WE'VE STRUCK GOLD!

I said I wouldn't do it for long, or couldn't and God does listen! We found our church. We'll be going to Calvary Chapel. So if you are interested, check it out. I know that to any of you that I talked to this will seem funny, I said it was too big and we probably wouldn't try it. I will admit I was wrong. Well, it is big...but we did try it. After that last blog I wrote on church shopping I felt convicted as to my attitude with this church, and God used it all for the better. See, blogging really does have a purpose! haha...anyway. Never say never is always true! yes, i was wrong: we love it.

On many different levels we feel a strong connection with this place. Gold, we've struck gold.

(and yes I know churches are not perfect, neither is church leadership, and I also know this is where we are supposed to be)

Church shopping
: COMPLETE

4 comments:

Angel said...

YAY!!!!! I am soooo happy for you!!! Nothing like finding a great home church!!!!

Ellyn Canfield said...

I'm glad you found a home! I think I know another reason why it fits- my mom just texted me a picture of the building and the setting- amazing!
I love you and miss you!!!!

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

haha, thank you!
But, actually that was initially one of our major deterrents...I don't know how to explain it other than that we didn't want to make the choice of our fellowship based on a pretty building, and a nice location so we were not even going to try it!!

Today I met a group of Latinos that do a bible study on Monday nights. That is the type of reason that it fits!!

not that the building isn't pretty, that is not what I mean.

MamaP said...

yah!!! I'm happy for you guys.