08 April, 2008

a home of my dreams, maybe someday.


Can you believe how incredible this house is?? I was shocked to find such a beautiful home, it is known as A Low Impact Woodland Home...and the owners have their own website to promote the concept of building homes, such as this one with as little impact as possible on their surroundings. This is a dream for me, it might not be for you...but to me this would be the "what house would you live in if you could live in whatever house you wanted to in the entire world" type of house. Oh, it is perfect. (oh, I would make it only a little bigger, with a room for the boys and a room for us).

Want to see more?!: A Low Impact Woodland Home

6 comments:

Ellyn Canfield said...

I actually thought this was the Hobbit's home from Lord of the Rings at first. That's not meant to be a disparaging remark at all, I just really thought that!

This is amazing! It looks so cozy. I'm rooting for you so I can come visit!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Oh man--Ellyn stole what I was going to say! This is SO what I picture the hobbits living in!

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

*ellyn and trish-
haha...well, actually in the LOTR books/movies I always related more to the hobbits...I love their peace seeking nature, and wanting to be a part of their environment...maybe it is a hobbit home!!!

Tricia said...

and i thought i was going to be so original with my hobbit comment...

that would be super sweet to have a house like that. it's so cute. i've always been drawn to houses with grass growing on the roof. ever since i saw picture with a cow eating on top of one. although that house was into the side of a hill and wasn't quite as small.

Anonymous said...

I love this woodland home! I'm glad I'm not the only one who dreams of having a small, cozy house to live in such as a yurt, or a small log cabin, or this cute woodland home; which I've never seen one of these before this. I'm not a LOTR fan so I hadn't even thought of the hobbits until I saw the comments. Then, of course, I had to laugh about that!

Anonymous said...

lol.. my first impression was "Oh, Bilbo's house".. its impressive. I have never seen anything like this..