12 November, 2007

if you own the right ingredients...

...then cooking is most certainly fun. I love exploring what I can make quick that will still taste like it wasn't made super quick... that may be my goal. I also really enjoy all types of cooking, mostly middle-eastern and Asian and ...well things without meat. Yes, it is true...I definitely would rather save a cow and eat tofu, beans or anything besides meat.
Here is what I have been doing lately:
Oatmeal cookies! (and I don't like oatmeal cookies...this is an excellent recipe):


















Oatmeal Cookies with a Purpose:
Makes 5-6 Dozen
325 Degrees F
10-15 min.

1 c margarine or shortening
1 c. brown sugar
2 c. rolled oats
1 c. dry milk solids (can be omitted but adds a great protein source for those needing it)
1/2 c. water
2.5 c. flour
3 t. baking powder
1 t. salt

I also added: cinnamon, cocoa and vanilla for extra fun...but do what you please.

Preheat oven to 325 F . plop dough on cookie sheet with ice cream scoop ( i have jut found how well this works!) bake for 10- 15 min.

These were amazing( if you have kids, or a cookie eater spouse/roommate I would definitely double the recipe!)...the actual recipe can be found in "More with Less" cookbook by Doris Jansen Longacre (p. 288).

more yummy recipes to follow. promise.

No comments: