24 June, 2008

the yummiest tomato soup ever!



So, not only is it the most scrumptios tom soup you have ever tasted, it is also the fastest! I am only divulging this amazingly great soup because I think it would be considered sin to keep it from you :). I have made this on warm days and cold days, and we always seem to be excited to eat it...so here it is:

(below I mention "can" without a size because it doesn't matter what size you use as long as they are all the same size, all 16 oz, all 8 oz....whatever)
one can of stewed toms
on can of tom soup
one can of milk (plus a tad of half+half for extra delight)
warm it up in pot
plate up in large bowls
crumble at least 2 Tbs. of Gorgonzola on top of each serving
serve it with dried (or fresh) parsley sprinkled on top of each serving

suggested sides: salad and homemade bread (or the daily fresh french bread from safeway would be excellent too!)


This makes for a super yummy soup, I think the reason it is so good, is because it has the chunks of the canned tomatoes, they are sweet and really just make it seem fresh. It is not thick and yuck, like some middle school tomato soup (remember that and grilled cheese!) it is so different and yummy that you have to give it a try! I can my own tomatoes in the late summer, and this year I will be sure to do an extra bunch just to have this soup whenever I please next year.

No comments: