22 October, 2007

pick your poison: tv or books


TV.BOOK.TV.BOOK.TV. BOOK. TV. BOOK. TV. BOOK. TV. BOOK. TV. BOOK. TV. BOOK. TV. BOOK.












The votes are in it seems that right now it is 50/5o! 3 votes for good books, and 3 for good TV. I think it may be due to the fall, when all the good TV starts up again, and to sitting by warm fires and loving the sedentaryness of it all as rain falls and just does not stop. Honestly I chose TV, but it seems that it depends on my mood what I would have chose. I like TV after a day of craziness, and then after a little brain veg, I do like to dive into a great book. It all depends though. Brad and I have recently really (and I do mean REALLY) gotten into The Office. Oh, wow. People have been telling me to watch it for a while, but I am always hesitant to start a series half way into it, but we have rented the past seasons and are currently working on season three....so we are almost caught up. YAY for the office. I also am very impatiently awaiting the new season of "Lost".




Books, those are a little more complicated. I enjoy fiction, and non...but lately I have only had the patience for fiction and dumb novels. I read the entire 4 books of "The sisterhood of the traveling pants" (yes, there are four...i know you didn't know that). I have also read "'Tis a gift to be simple" , which is AMAZinG. I also read the "A Name of Her Own"and "Every Fixed Star", (from the Tender Ties Historical Series) by Jane Kirkpatrick, about the pioneer days (a good read, mostly for women though since it is about kids and family...not that men wouldn't be interested, but it seems she writes for women). Oh, if you seriously like a good mystery book, you gotta read an Inspector Montalbano book, I read the Voice of the Violin (Inspector Montalbano Mysteries) by Andrea Camilleri(written in italian and translated into English) ...those are way cool. I really enjoy foreign stuff...I love middle eastern/european...latin american books. I really like Jhumpa Lahiri, she wrote "The Namesake" and " The Interpreter of Maladies"...they are both really good.











ps. i took absolutely NONE of these pictures, but because I really love colors and pictures...i always have to find something fun to put on my posts. Thanks for your votes!!!

No comments: