18 December, 2007

happy family (aka dutch baby) recipe





This is an excellent recipe. I have no idea where I found it, but it was when Brad and I first got married. I don't like the name dutch baby...it sounds weird to me... so I changed it to happy family (because it is sure to make the family happy!) I now have to make three of them so that we'll all have our fill. Well, two for sure.

I freeze tons of blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and marionberries that I pick in season so that I will always have enough to last me until they come out again. At our house we never can get enough berries!

The recipe for one happy family:
(if you want two just double it and then pour it into two pie pans)
* 3 eggs
* 1/2 C. flour
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/2 C. milk
* 2 Tbs. butter
* 1Tbs. lemon juice
* 2 Tbs. Sugar
* powdered sugar (for topping)

Mix in everything (except powdered sugar!) Pour into a pie pan or a cast iron skillet. Bake at 450 degrees F for 20 min or so. Take out, fill with room temperature berries, apples, or eat with butter and syrup or jam. whatever you think sounds good.

I promise, its incredible.








2 comments:

Tricia said...

that looks so good! we love berries too. although most of ours make their way into smoothies.

just by reading the title i thought you were going to show us a chinese dish. i think there is one called happy family. although, if you need to differentiate you should probably call your recipe "happiest family!"

i think we're having that tomorrow!!

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

i don't eat Chinese so i didn't know. oh, well...i don't want to change it now! i hope you enjoy it, it really doesn't taste like Chinese, promise.